Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

2 months and counting

Hello folks,

Well, yesterday marked the official anniversary of two months of me starting my new job and moving to the island. This morning I find myself sitting in a cafe. I used the community bus to get here this morning and enjoyed a nice chai and a breakfast wrap in this cozy spot that I have become quite find of. They have a bitchin' shaw hotspot here so internets is reliable and I like to come here sometimes to be around people without having to be at work.

This morning was bright and sunny and blue skies and cold and crispy. Living in a different climate is pretty weird and I find that I'm having trouble figuring out what time of year it is still. I'm not used to November being this... September-ish? Sometimes it strikes me that I'm here and other times it feels like the most normal thing in the world. And right now it's a little of both. I feel proud of myself, though. I never thought I'd be able to stick it out by myself like this and I have been doing okay for the most part. I am holding it together in a strange place with strange people and doing relatively okay at all the things I'm supposed to be doing. I've learned lots about myself and what I can stomach and what are the harder things that I wish I had M. to lean on for. I have no choice though, I just gotta get through it.

Sometimes I miss how little things were easy back in the old home. Like, getting groceries. Getting groceries was easy. You just hop in the truck and way you go. This time, though, I gotta do a ton of preplanning and figuring out how much I can haul from point A to point B, I gotta make sure I can carry it and it will fit in my bags, and I gotta make sure that whatever I buy I can cook at home in my little hovel of a kitchen with a hot plate and no oven. Le sigh. Woe is me, eh. Heh. I just spent a whole paragraph talking about my grocery routines. Yep.

I just downloaded a little blogging app for my iPad and it's much easier to write a blog post, so hopefully I'll get to blogging now more regularly. Using the browser on the iPad to access the web version is pretty awkward. Well, I think I better go motor over to the market and pick up some food for myself. Then I gotta stop at the sports store and see if I can find a fleecy jacket for myself before the bus comes at 10:30.

<3 A.

No comments:

Post a Comment